Dumbarton 5 - 2 Peterhead 

League - Second Division
Saturday, April 9th, 2011, 3:00 PM at Strathclyde Homes Stadium
Attendance: 526
Referee: Craig Charleston
Dumbarton v Peterhead, Apr 9th 2011, Strathclyde Homes Stadium
Dumbarton  Peterhead

Jon McShane (28)
Pat Walker (40)
Jordan Halsman (64)
Mark Gilhaney (pen.) (73)
Craig McLeish (82)
Dennis Wyness (60)
David Ross (81)

Team Managers
Alan Adamson Unknown.

Starting Eleven
Michael White
Nicky Devlin
Paul Nugent
Ben Gordon
Jordan Halsman
James Creaney
Ryan McStay
Andy Geggan
Mark Gilhaney
Jon McShane
Pat Walker
Paul Jarvie
David Donald
Stuart Smith
Callum MacDonald
Scott Ross
Stirling Smith
Connor Gethans
Graham Sharp
Paul Emslie
Nicholas Clark
Paul Tosh

Stephen Grindlay
Martin McNiff
Iain Chisholm
Craig McLeish
Jordan White
John Bateman
Robert Mann
Barry Stephens
Dennis Wyness
David Ross

Jordan White for Jon McShane (67)
Craig McLeish for Jordan Halsman (74)
Martin McNiff for Ryan McStay (83)
David Ross for David Donald (11)
Dennis Wyness for Connor Gethans (46)
Barry Stephens for Graham Sharp (79)

Nicky Devlin (90)
Stirling Smith (33)
Callum MacDonald (49)
Paul Emslie (73)
Barry Stephens (83)

Red Cards
None. None.
Appearances & Goals To Date
Michael White (GK) 16 apps -
Nicky Devlin 21 apps -
Paul Nugent 30 apps -
Ben Gordon 110 apps7 goals
Jordan Halsman 10 apps1 goal
James Creaney 22 apps -
Ryan McStay 69 apps3 goals
Andy Geggan 162 apps10 goals
Mark Gilhaney 25 apps9 goals
Jon McShane 28 apps13 goals
Pat Walker 20 apps8 goals
Martin McNiff (sub) 45 apps1 goal
Craig McLeish (sub) 10 apps2 goals
Jordan White (sub) 5 apps -

Starting Lineup
Youngest Player:Nicky Devlin (17 years 178 days)
Oldest Player:Paul Nugent (28 years 12 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 137 days
Domestic Players:11 (100.00 % of starting eleven)

Matchday Squad
Youngest Player:Nicky Devlin (17 years 178 days)
Oldest Player:Craig McLeish (41 years 108 days)
Average Player Age:23 years 138 days
Domestic Players:16 (100.00 % of matchday squad)

First Team Debuts

Jordan Halsman scored his first goal for the Club.

DUMBARTON'S highest goal haul for nearly two years ensured that they can't finish bottom of the Second Division.

Jon McShane and Pat Walker had them 2-0 up at half time and despite Dennis Wyness pulling one back against his former club, Sons provided a swift response.

Jordan Halsman and a Mark Gilhaney penalty pretty much ensured victory and although David Ross volleyed a second consolation for Peterhead, Craig McLeish restored the three-goal margin.

With Stenhousemuir beaten by Livingston, Sons are also in an improved position to avoid second bottom place.

Interim manager Alan Adamson said: "It was a typical Dumbarton game - it went up and down for us. We scored five goals and did that very well but threw two away. However, it is a great result for us."

Sons were maybe fortunate not to be behind in the early stages of the game as Peterhead, badly in need of the points, were quick to make an impression.

Michael White was forced into a close range save from Paul Tosh while Connor Gethins headed straight at the keeper from six yards.

Halsman and Gilhaney were close in reply for Sons but on 27 minutes the deadlock was broken.

Walker set McShane up with a through ball to the edge of the area and his shot evaded the keeper.

Six minutes later Andy Geggan met Ben Gordon's ball across goal but his header was over.

However, a further six minutes onwards it was 2-0 when McShane's effort was saved but Walker was there to score.

A minute from the hour mark the lead was halved when Wyness bundled the ball home in a goalmouth scramble.

Then Gilhaney had a shot over the bar with the keeper stranded, but on 63 minutes Sons got some breathing space again.

Halsman's free kick from the right hand side evaded everybody on its way into the net at the far post.

Soon after that Stirling Smith had a shot well savd before Geggan had a header from another Halsman free kick deflected wide.

After 72 minutes Gilhaney went down under a challenge from Smith in the area and made no mistake from the spot.

However, Peterhead weren't finished and with 10 minutes to go Ross latched on to a diagonal ball and volleyed home superbly.

The three-goal deficit was restored just a minute after that, though, when McLeish shot home after his initial effort from Nicky Devlin's pass was blocked.


Programme cover / Team sheet